Delegating is hard. Especially when you created the businesses from zero.
When you run a small business you do all types of jobs. In fact you do everything.
However, you will not be able to grow the business if you don’t learn how to delegate (because at the end of the day you will never be able to do it all).
To delegate effectively, here’s a very effective process:
1. Define the job and what has to be done.
2. Be certain that your staff fully understands what has to be done.
3. Show them the big picture. Explain WHY it has to be done.
4. Do not micro-manage. However, teach them how it should be done.
5. Make sure your staff member understands the steps and the process.
6. Set a realistic deadline. If it’s a big project divide the job in different stages and create deadlines for each stage.
7. Be sure both of you agree on the deadlines
8. Remember, trust your employee. DO NOT micro-manage.